Call for Applications: Emerging Leader Fellow - Due: March 31
The Emerging Leader Fellow application window is now closed. The election results will be posted here by June 1, 2018.
- Participate for one year (Emerging Leader Fellow)
- Attend an orientation session in July to learn about the NBCRNA, business operations, and the Board.
- Attend three NBCRNA Board meetings annually. Meetings take place over a long weekend (typically Thursday - Sunday including travel) in August, January and April.
- Engage in Board activities, including participation in Board and committee conference calls during weekday evenings.
To be considered for the Emerging Leader Fellow position on the NBCRNA Board of Directors:
- Complete the electronic application form and submit it along with your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have an individual who would support your selection send a confidential letter of recommendation to email@example.com. (To mail, send to NBCRNA, Attn: Nominations, 8725 W. Higgins Rd., Suite 525, Chicago, IL 60631.)
The election results will be posted by June 1, 2018.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NBCRNA Board Election ResultsThe National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists is pleased to announce that Lori Anderson, DNP, MSN, MSN, CRNA and Susan McMullan, PHD, MSN, CRNA have been elected as Directors to the NBCRNA Board of Directors. Their three-year terms will begin in August 2018.
Read more about the current NBCRNA Board here.
Previous Board Election Results
The NBCRNA is pleased to announce that Rishelle Zhou, MS, LLB, CRNA, was elected as an Emerging Leader Fellow on the NBCRNA Board of Directors.
The NBCRNA also welcomes Stephen Klinkhammer, DNP, MNA, MBA, CRNA and Dennis Spence,
Read more about the current NBCRNA Board here
In July 2017, NBCRNA President Steve Wooden greeted incoming (FY 2018) NBCRNA Board members at the New Board Orientation. Pictured here from left: Stephen Klinkhammer, Steve Wooden, Dennis Spence, and Emerging Leader Fellow Rishelle Zhou
Video: Rishelle Zhou, MS, LLB, CRNA
Rishelle has been a Staff CRNA and Clinical Instructor at the VA Portland Health Care System in Portland, OR, since 2014. After earning a law degree from Shanghai University, China, she worked in DNV-GL, an internationally accredited certification and classification society. In 2002, she moved to Honolulu and started her nursing education at the University of Hawaii where she earned a BSN from the Oregon Health and Science University in 2008 and her master degree from Kaiser Permanente School of Anesthesia/California State University Fullerton in 2012. See More at our Youtube channel!
Video: Dennis Spence, PhD, MS, CRNA
Dr. Spence practices anesthesia, is a clinical researcher, nurse anesthesia educator, and Institutional Review Board Chair at a large academic medical center in Southern California. He is a graduate of Rush University (PhD 2008), Georgetown University/Navy Nurse Corps Anesthesia Program (MS 2001), and the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio (BSN 1994). He is an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences Graduate School of Nursing. See More at our Youtube channel!
Video: Stephen Klinkhammer, DNP, MNA, MBA, CRNA
Dr. Klinkhammer received his Master of Nurse Anesthesia from the Mayo School of Health Sciences, Rochester, MN, and his Doctor of Nursing Practice from Rush University, Chicago, IL. Dr. Klinkhammer has provided anesthesia care in multiple settings including military, government, academic and private practice. He presently provides office-based anesthesia services in the southeast Wisconsin area. See More at our Youtube channel!