Applications Now Closed: Emerging Leader Fellowship
Application Deadline: March 24, 2023
The NBCRNA was accepting applications for an Emerging Leader Fellow position on the NBCRNA Board of Directors, open to CRNAs certified in the past two to five years. The goal of this Fellowship is to introduce rising nurse anesthesia leaders to Board governance, high-level decision making, and trends affecting the future of the profession.
The leadership development and experience fostered in this Fellowship will prepare nurse anesthetists for future board and committee work within the NBCRNA and beyond, while providing the NBCRNA Board with a valuable perspective.
- The duration of the Fellowship will be one year, with the potential for a second year, should that be mutually desirable. If invited to continue, Emerging Leader Fellows in their second year are allowed voting rights for all matters of the Board of Directors.
- The Fellowship will include a mandatory orientation session where Fellows will learn about the NBCRNA, business operations, and Board governance.
- The Fellow will be asked to serve on at least two Board committees and may be assigned additional duties by the President.
- The Fellow will engage in Board activities, including participation in Board and committee conference calls during weekday evenings.
- Attend three NBCRNA Board meetings annually. Meetings take place over a long weekend (typically Thursday - Sunday including travel) in October, February and June.
- Application Due: March 24, 2023
- Phone Interviews for Select Applicants: April 11-12, 2023
- Candidates Notified of Final Results: April 28, 2023
- Term Begins: October 14, 2023