(May 2018) The following bibliography lists the sources used by NBCRNA item writers to support questions on the Continued Professional Certification Assessment. The sources were selected to fit the content outline.
Note that in publishing this list we do not intend to endorse or promote the sale of any particular textbooks.
CPC Assessment References
1. Barash PG, Cullen BF, Stoelting RK, et al. Clinical Anesthesia. Eighth edition. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer; 2017.
2. Ehrenwerth J, Eisenkraft J, Berry J. Anesthesia Equipment: Principles and Applications. Second edition. St. Louis: Mosby; 2013.
3. Elisha S. Case Studies in Nurse Anesthesia. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers; 2011.
4. Flood P, Rathmell JP, Shafer S. Stoelting's Pharmacology & Physiology in Anesthetic Practice. Fifth edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2014.
5. Hines RL, Marschall KE. Stoelting’s Anesthesia and Coexisting Disease. Seventh edition. Philadelphia: Elsevier; 2017.
6. Miller R, Pardo M Jr. Basics of Anesthesia. Sixth edition. Philadelphia: Saunders; 2011.
7. Miller RD, Cohen NH, Eriksson LI, et al. Miller's Anesthesia (Vols. 1-2). Eighth edition. Philadelphia: Saunders; 2014.
8. Nagelhout JJ, Elisha S. Nurse Anesthesia. Sixth edition. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier; 2017.