(October 2018) The following bibliography lists the sources used by NBCRNA item writers to support questions on the Continued Professional Certification Assessment. The sources were selected to fit the content outline.
Note that in publishing this list we do not intend to endorse or promote the sale of any particular textbooks.
CPC Assessment References1. Barash PG, Cullen BF, Stoelting RK, et al. Clinical Anesthesia. Eighth edition. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer; 2017. (on VitalSource—cite page number and URL)
2. Butterworth JF, Wasnick JD, Mackey DC. Morgan & Mikhail’s Clinical Anesthesiology. Sixth Edition. New York: McGraw-Hill Education/Medical; 2018. (Unavailable on R2—Use print version if available and cite page number.)
3. Ehrenwerth J, Eisenkraft J, Berry J. Anesthesia Equipment: Principles and Applications. Second edition. St. Louis: Mosby; 2013. (R2—cite URL)
4. Elisha S. Case Studies in Nurse Anesthesia. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers; 2011. (R2—cite URL)
5. Flood P, Rathmell JP, Shafer S. Stoelting's Pharmacology & Physiology in Anesthetic Practice. Fifth edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2014. (R2—cite URL)
6. Hines RL, Marschall KE. Stoelting’s Anesthesia and Coexisting Disease. Seventh edition. Philadelphia: Elsevier; 2017. (on VitalSource—cite page number and URL)
7. Miller RD, Cohen NH, Eriksson LI, et al. Miller's Anesthesia (Vols. 1-2). Eighth edition. Philadelphia: Saunders; 2014. (R2—cite URL)
8. Nagelhout JJ, Elisha S. Nurse Anesthesia. Sixth edition. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier; 2018. (on VitalSource—cite page number and URL)
9. Pardo MC Jr, Miller RD. Basics of Anesthesia. Seventh edition. Philadelphia: Elsevier; 2017. (unavailable on R2 as yet--use print textbook if available and cite page number)